For me, this year was very hit and miss with records. I was pleasantly surprised from some old favourites and pretty crestfallen by others.
So to sum 2012 up, Gangnam Style was a thing, and so was Taylor Swift writing about every dude she dated ever. Oh, and a lot of great bands made comebacks.
I can already predict 2013 as Justin Fucking Timberlake, Paramore kill music charts everywhere and Foal’s Holy Fire as being my top pick, unless Brand New decided to release another record (come on guys, it’s been a while!). But enough guessing, here is my top ten with some honourable mentions.
1. Title Fight- Floral Green
2. Anthony Green- Beautiful Things
3. Every Time I Die- Ex Lives
4. Circa Survive- Violent Waves
5. Deftones- Koi No Yokan
6. Best Coast- The Only Place
7. No Doubt- Push and Shove
8. Garbage- Not Your Kind of People
9. Sleigh Bells- Reign of Terror
10. Kendrick Lamar- Good Kid, m.A.A.d City
Minus The Bear- Infinity Overheard
Sigur Ros- Valtari
Marina and the Diamonds- Electra Heart
Moving Mountains- New Light
Silversun Pickups- Neck of the Woods
The Gaslight Anthem- Handwritten
Frank Ocean- Channel Orange
In Fear and Faith- Self Titled
Santigold- Master of My Make Believe